Forum > Offtopic > My Corrado was slaughtered! All parts stolen!

This topic counts 1 page 1
DasWiesel DasWiesel from Germany (Sachsen) posted @ 24 July 2008 12:52:57
Database Noobie

18 Topic posts
Private message

1994 Corrado 2.9 VR6
1992 Corrado 2.0i 16V

As a student its hard to maintain a Corrado VR6. I´ve searched over a year for the right Corrado, so it was absolutely out of question to sell it.
I rent a garage i could afford, which was unfortunately not next to my home, to storage my car until i had the money to drive it again.

Well....some weeks ago, three Polish guys (as i know from witnesses) broke into my garage and disassembled my Corrado to the naked body. Everythings gone: doors, mirrors, trunk lid, front bumper, head and rear lights, my nice Recaro-seats, original black Leather door panels, Blaupunkt head unit, CD-changer, navigation, several nice things like Audi shift knob and TT pedals, original "Brands-Hatch" alloy wheels...(just take a look at my profile)
I even had to buy new front wheel bearings to be capable of rolling the car again.

Even worse is, those guys were not only criminals, but also the most stupid people i was ever involved with. They took themselves several days time for doing this and didn´t care about beeing seen by dozen people.
Everything they didn´t have stolen was destroyed by them. They drilled a hole in the tank to get the few petrol which was still inside. Carpet was cut into a dozen pieces, all panels torn apart, seat belts cut off, wiring for heated seats was stolen, but relays in the back were cut of and left in the car (how stupid could anyone be?).

In fact almost every wiring loom was cut into pieces, some parts stolen, others left in the car. The fewest things they took will be still sellable. I ask myself, if those suc**** even have the brains to find their willies for peeing?!

Best thing is: Some days after i found my wreck in its garage, one of those idiots tried to sell my trunk lid in Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320253685738&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.de%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D320253685738%2509%26fvi%3D1

They were even stupid enough to show their own Scirocco with Polish license plate "SBE 11940" on one of the auction pics.
Then their second try without this one:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320253994994&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ src=../int/emoticon/biggrin.gif border=0>E:1123

At least this pig was cought by the police in the meantime. Of course he won´t tell where the rest of my car is and sadly the police isn´t allowed to convince him by smacking in his silly face. So i guess i won´t see anything more without some help.
Loosing my Recaros hurts most. I upholstered the middle parts with black Alcantara myself, so i would recognize them easily. I won´t have to tell you here, how expensive getting new ones is.

If anyone knows more about those people, their own garage, has seen or knows their scirocco, heard of suspect parts sellers, please help!

And now "enjoy" the miserable leftover of my formely non-botched, well cared for, bought-from-first-hand Corrado!

Corrado_Papi Corrado_Papi from Austria (Niederösterreich) posted @ 24 July 2008 13:59:34
Database Noobie

34 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

Hi Julian,

ich bin fassungslos, so etwas hab ich noch nicht gesehen. Die Br

M4RTiN M4RTiN from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 24 July 2008 17:01:39
Database Addict

962 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado R32

Wow this hurts!! Where is this world going to?? I hope those polish guys get what they deserve

All these years of devotion to your ride, destructed by some stupid idiot in one night! I know you your account, it was one of the first registered from germany!

I hope you get something out of this, insurance?

Regards Martin

DasWiesel DasWiesel from Germany (Sachsen) posted @ 24 July 2008 18:28:15
Database Noobie

18 Topic posts
Private message

1994 Corrado 2.9 VR6
1992 Corrado 2.0i 16V

Thanks for your sympathy, you two.
I´m afraid no insurance will help me. The car was unlicenced already for too long and home insurance won´t do a thing here, either.
This will take quite some time to rebuild. Still not going to sell this car. This is not only a pair of old socks you get rid of, its my Corrado.

@Martin
Yes, you´re right. I think i was the 3rd German in here.
No happy 20th Corrado anniversary for my ride.
Seems like i have to borrow my sisters 16V for the big meeting in september.

Will you be there, too?

M4RTiN M4RTiN from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 24 July 2008 20:17:06
Database Addict

962 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado R32

we'll i have been thinking about going there, final registering is august 1th right? Maybe i just should decide to go!

Tornado Tornado from Cyprus (Cyprus) posted @ 25 July 2008 06:55:31
Database Addict

517 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

Man, this sucks
How can people do this???
I feel your pain my friend, if i can donate anything from my spare Corrado parts, just let me know and i'll see what i can do

Cheers!!!

M4RTiN M4RTiN from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 25 July 2008 09:46:00
Database Addict

962 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado R32

maybe its an idea to post here what you need, and people can check what they have laying around as spare parts. Like a donation page

I you really need them, i can donate the newer type turn lights for the front bumper.

stormin stormin from United Kingdom (South-England) posted @ 26 July 2008 16:41:28
Database Noobie

4 Topic posts
Private message

1995 Corrado 2.9 VR6

wow it has really really upset me to read this and it hard to look a a rado in that state, you have to rebuild her, imagine how good it will feel to get on the road again, I have a spare electric window/central locking control box part number 191 959 875 ,happy to send if required

Jakemeister Jakemeister from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 26 July 2008 18:53:30
Database Addict

713 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

they should cut of they're balls, if they have any, bunch of ASSHOLES!! I agree with Martin let's see if we can get some parts for you!

60% of the time it works all the time.
-- Brian Fantana

Wish Wish from United Kingdom (Englands North) posted @ 26 July 2008 19:58:14
Database Semi-Pro

237 Topic posts
Private message

1994 Corrado 2.9 VR6

So sorry for what has happened to your Corrado, I know this is easier to say than to do; but do not lose heart my friend. I am sure if there is anything any of us can do to help a Corrado 'Brother / Sister' then this way you know you are not alone. If anyone see's or hear's anything about these low scumbag Mo Fo's then contact your local Police. Take care my friend (Andrew aka Wish)

Corrado VR6 247/365

Corrado-itis, the illness continues!

ertanoy ertanoy from Turkey (Central Anatolia) posted @ 28 July 2008 13:48:30
Database Semi-Pro

100 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.0i 16V

Probably the worse thing that could have happen.i really felt sorry.I think Martins idea is perfect.i dont have anyspare parts at the moment but would like to help you find if you can give us a list.

I am not Driving Fast.I am just Flying low...How low can you go

DasWiesel DasWiesel from Germany (Sachsen) posted @ 30 July 2008 13:49:46
Database Noobie

18 Topic posts
Private message

1994 Corrado 2.9 VR6
1992 Corrado 2.0i 16V

As a non-native speaker, it´s not that easy for me to put my thoughts into words. But i´ll do my very best...

The solidarity and willingness to help in this community fascinates and in a way amazes me over and over again. It might be, that belonging to a globally rather small group of fans sometimes is an advantage.
All your sympathy lifts my mood again. Having your support is really good to know!

As for the donation page, i think it´s a great idea, Martin.
Nicks offer for donating a part really stunned me!

It was not my intension when i started this thread and i´m not sure if i may accept this. Not only the value of the parts itself but the shipping costs to Germany!?
I´m not going to make a secret of this, it would be very helpful. With a bit of luck, i finish my studies within the next few months and will start working again. But i don´t delude myself of getting rich as a newly minted civil engineer, i´ll be quite happy to get a good job these days anyway.
Rebuilding my Corrado will probably take years so i would be thankful for every srew anyone of you has to spare.

Maybe i should make a big sticker for the side-window then. Naming all the people who helped. Like "sponsored by..."

I will have to look for what´s left, what´s gone and of course which spare parts i still have.

MacFly MacFly from Netherlands (Noord-Brabant) posted @ 30 July 2008 22:49:41
Database Semi-Pro

148 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.9 VR6

Hello Julian, first of all I want to tell you how sorry I am for you to be faced with this loss. This is living your worst nightmare. Although we have to relavate things in life and know that one's health is the most important thing we can possess it sure is defistating to see a hobby so brutally and literly ripped apart. I'm glad to read that the support of the database members can lift up your mood a bit.
I also read about the idea to donate spare parts and I'm pleased to know you appreciate this idea. I can offer you also some spare parts, let me know if and when you would like to receive those. It concerns an original leather steering wheel (new model). It is not brand new but in good (used) condition. On my database site you can view it for yourself. Those pictures show the previous steering wheel. I have it replace for a 'better'/'newer' one. And I also have a flat trunk carpet (black or light gray). I don't know if it suits your car, because I know VR6 models have another trunk carpet for storing a 15" spare rim. We also can help you find spare parts in Holland if you need to. There are a lot of websites that offer spare parts in the Netherlands that we could check for you. http://www.marktplaats.nl for example. You could also check it yourself and ask one of the Dutch members to get the parts for you.
An other idea crossed my mind. Perhaps someone on this database knows a good lawyer in Germany (relative, friend or an acquitents) who will work on no cure no pay base that can procecute the suspect for causing you this huge personal/finacial damage. That could at least make it possible for you to buy spare parts that aren't donated or claimed back from the offender(s).
I hope your Corrado will get back in shape soon. Good luck with your study and finding a job. Greetz Johan

kicaj kicaj from Poland (Mazowieckie) posted @ 9 August 2008 14:10:00
Database Noobie

11 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.0 16V
1993 Corrado 2.0 16V

Hi! I can't believe what this f@$#@%ing idiots did to Your C. And I shame because I'm from Poland too.
So sorry man !!! I wrote about this at our forum. We see what can do.

Ps. SBE is from city called "Bedzin":

http://mapy.google.pl/maps?f=q&hl=pl&geocode=&q=b%C4%99dzin,+polska&ie=UTF8&z=14

Qbejs Qbejs from Poland (Swietokrzyskie) posted @ 9 August 2008 14:38:56
Database Noobie

5 Topic posts
Private message

1992 Corrado 2.0 16V

So sorry man ! Whole Corrado Club Poland will be looking for parts similar to yours. I'm also from Poland and it's horrible to hear about situations like that.

DeMeert DeMeert from Belgium (Vlaams-Brabant) posted @ 11 August 2008 13:54:45
Database Noobie

45 Topic posts
Private message

1994 Corrado 2.0i 16V
1993 Corrado 2.9 VR6
1992 Corrado 2.8 VR6 SLC

damn, this hurts!
i would be happy to donate some parts you need, got some things lying around that i don't use, not feel like selling, so it's better of in your hands

will be waiting for the parts list, and then we'll see what we can do.

good luck

DasWiesel DasWiesel from Germany (Sachsen) posted @ 5 September 2008 12:21:28
Database Noobie

18 Topic posts
Private message

1994 Corrado 2.9 VR6
1992 Corrado 2.0i 16V

I´m very sorry for my late reply. I´m quite busy right now and i hope you understand, finishing my studies is the most important thing for me right now. Even more important than my Corrado (Well, funny to hear myself saying that! )
Worked too long and too hard to let myself distracted by anything and getting pipped at the post.

@johan; @Maarten
Thank you, too!

Of course there are differences between damaged objects and hurt people, but you might guess that doesn´t comfort me a bit and doesn´t damp my rage, either. Sorry, but it´s hard for me to see anything "positiv" in things that happened there.
Sometimes i think my family and me are pursued by bad luck. I don´t know anybody who has been screwed over, stolen from or simply disappointed more than us. And don´t even think we would learn from this. Just too naive and still seeing only the good in everyone.

Because of this, i know from experience a lawyer won´t help you. You only lose more money and time. People like those who stolen my parts are fulltime insolvent, well at least officially. I won´t see any money at all from them, ever. That´s for sure.

@kicaj, @Qbejs
Thank you, too! Also for the hint with "Bedzin", didn´t know that. It´s good to know you are looking for the parts.
I understand you feel ashamed, as would do the same if i were you. But please be assured, as for me, there´s no need for that. I knew very kind people from Poland before and right now i think i´ve found two more. I will not blame the whole Polish nation for something a few criminals did to me.

DasWiesel DasWiesel from Germany (Sachsen) posted @ 5 September 2008 12:36:27
Database Noobie

18 Topic posts
Private message

1994 Corrado 2.9 VR6
1992 Corrado 2.0i 16V

Now for all you great members here trying to help with parts...

I thought a lot about what to do with my Corrado within the last weeks.
Before this, i wanted to keep it as original as possible. Nothing should harm the body, no crimping of fenders, no welding, no coating with tin. But now..... as everything "original" is destroyed already....

There are coming things to my mind again. What about "Syncro"? What about some more power? What about....

Well, i´m not sure, yet. But i will decide within this winter.

I thought about making some kind of building diary here at the forum. It will last very long, updates may take time, but this way all of you can follow the progress. If there is anything i need and you have to spare then, i will gladly take it.

M4RTiN M4RTiN from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 5 September 2008 17:47:47
Database Addict

962 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado R32

Wow great to hear this, i would consider the same options i guess (in the originality sense).

Haldex/Synchro/4 motion would be nice!

em01 em01 from United Kingdom (Heart Of England) posted @ 28 September 2008 10:47:28
Database Noobie

1 Topic posts
Private message

1995 Corrado 2.9 VR6

That is so harsh, I really do sympathise with you - I would be devestated if that happened to mine! Hope it all works out for eventually, they are fantastic cars!

Pchelkag60 Pchelkag60 from U.S.A. (Massachusetts) posted @ 11 March 2009 16:35:11
Database Noobie

7 Topic posts
Private message

1992 Corrado 1.8 G60

KURWA MAC Sorry for you lost parts man , i can even explain how agravated i am, if that happen to me i'll hunt them down and hurt them where they love more,anyways i'm not from Poland but from M

This topic counts 1 page 1