Forum > General Corrado chat > Computer problems

This topic counts 1 page 1
Non registered user 28 June 2007 23:35:39
Database Noobie

6 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

My computer only displays oil temp, outside temp, and trip time.. It does not display mpg, miles driven. Additionally the cruise control and auto up/down for the rear spoiler doesn't work. The car has an aftermarket radio and I have tried to ground the blue and white wire from the radio harness with no evail.

Any suggestions on what to check or replace would be greatly appreciated.

MacFly MacFly from Netherlands (Noord-Brabant) posted @ 29 June 2007 19:15:32
Database Semi-Pro

148 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.9 VR6

Perhaps you've short-circuiting the system when installing the radio and this causes the electrical interference. Did you check your fuses already. It could be number 16 (15 amp) control lights, MFA, glove compartment light, rear spoiler switching schedule in case of an automatic gearbox (see manual). Or number 21 (15 amp) interior lighting, sigaret lighter, mirror lighting, central locking and MFA (again). But I don't understand why your cruise control doesn't work because thats on fuse number 14 (15 amp) (in case of an manual gearbox). Perhaps disconnecting the battery could help. Greetz Johan

Non registered user 29 June 2007 22:35:32
Database Noobie

6 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

I still have the problem even with the radio removed. The cig lighter, glove box light, interior lights, and door locks all work. I disconnected the battery and checked all of the fuses and still nothing. Any other suggestions?

lc5u lc5u from U.S.A. (Ohio) posted @ 30 June 2007 01:14:17
Database Noobie

25 Topic posts
Private message

1994 Corrado 2.9 VR6

i had the same problem with the back spoiler ,, it wouldnt otomaticly go up or down,i had to change some kinda IC on the controler,, its located under the switch light,, thats for the rear spoiler..

Corrado 4 eva

MacFly MacFly from Netherlands (Noord-Brabant) posted @ 30 June 2007 12:33:42
Database Semi-Pro

148 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.9 VR6

I think I know what causes the problem. It is probably a malfunction of the speed sensor.

I

Non registered user 2 July 2007 19:31:40
Database Noobie

6 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

Thanks for the help. I removed the hall sensor from my gauge cluster in hopes to see if there if it was obviously fried or burnt. There are 3 spring loaded connectors. Does anyone know if the springs should be at the same level? On mine the one in the middle sits about 1/8th of an inch lower than the other 2.

MacFly MacFly from Netherlands (Noord-Brabant) posted @ 2 July 2007 20:44:53
Database Semi-Pro

148 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.9 VR6

I suppose so. You can check the official technical drawing at my site

http://www.corrado-database.nl/index.php?item=view_corrado&id=1806

I've made a showcase for this topic.

Here is some data for easy reference:
1 - speedometer drive cable connection
2 - Hall Vehicle Speed Sensor
A - mounting screws
B - spring loaded contact

Greetz Johan

Non registered user 3 July 2007 01:47:37
Database Noobie

6 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

Thanks that shows the contacts all at the same height. I wonder if my problem is because of the lack of contact.

I'll try and put it all back together and let you know.

MacFly MacFly from Netherlands (Noord-Brabant) posted @ 3 July 2007 18:53:41
Database Semi-Pro

148 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.9 VR6

Perhaps you have to double check your wiring (the blue and white ones). "...Determine if a wire is spliced into the VSS -G 54 circuit; if so, remove splice..." Greetz Johan

lc5u lc5u from U.S.A. (Ohio) posted @ 4 July 2007 16:22:31
Database Noobie

25 Topic posts
Private message

1994 Corrado 2.9 VR6

m asking Macfly on this,,my rear wing goes up at the speed 120 km and my friends rado at the speed 60km,,, do you think that there is a way i can make my wing come up at any speed i want,,like 40km ? is there something i can do?

Corrado 4 eva

MacFly MacFly from Netherlands (Noord-Brabant) posted @ 9 July 2007 22:02:23
Database Semi-Pro

148 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.9 VR6

I can't imagine that your friends spoiler goes up at a speed of 60 km/h that's probably at 80 km/h. I've got a 1993 VR6 and my spoiler goes up at a speed of 80 km/h. I know there are people that say that their spoiler goes up at 120 km/h. I don't know why there is a difference. I don't know if this depends on the type of car or the year that it's manufactured in, but this could be the case. I found this on the internet that states my case.

"......1994 Volkswagen Corrado: Only a few changes came in the Corrado's final season in the U.S. market. The optional 4-speed automatic transmission lost its manually selected Normal and Sport modes, in favor of an adaptive dual-mode system, as on the new Volkswagen Golf and Jetta. Electronic controls continuously monitored the driver's style, altering shift points accordingly. Side-impact protection was improved, to meet 1997 federal standards. The standard speed-activated rear spoiler now raised at 55 mph, but still retracted when speed fell below 12 mph......"

If you want to change this you'd probably ask someone who can read the CPU of the Corrado. I should think that's where the data (80km/h or 120 km/h) should be altered. Greetz Johan

Non registered user 10 July 2007 01:32:48
Database Noobie

6 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

OK I have checked all of the wiring and I can not find any splices into the blue/white or white/blue wires. Even with the wires not connected to anything I am still having the problems....

Anybody have any other suggestions?

MacFly MacFly from Netherlands (Noord-Brabant) posted @ 10 July 2007 19:06:00
Database Semi-Pro

148 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.9 VR6

In the worsted case your hall sensor is broke. Perhaps you can have it checked at your local VW shop. Greetz Johan

Non registered user 16 July 2007 13:54:33
Database Noobie

6 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

Well I replaced the sensor and all of the MFA functions appear to be working!!! The cruise control still isn't working.

MacFly MacFly from Netherlands (Noord-Brabant) posted @ 26 November 2009 01:13:48
Database Semi-Pro

148 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.9 VR6

This topic counts 1 page 1